The City Of Urbana invites applications for:
Transportation Engineering Intern
$9.25- $12.25/hr., full-time, temporary
• High school education or G.E.D. and one (1) or more years of college courses in drafting, construction materials, inspection, and testing; or three (3) months or more of similar work experience. Some street or highway courses or experience preferred.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD drafting techniques and ability to use computer spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Ability to sufficiently perform routine material tests on concrete and asphalt, carry survey equipment for setup, and to open manholes.
• Ability to take concrete samples for air entrainment, slump, and strength testing; inspect manholes; drill cores, measure quantities, and calculate construction quantities and costs.
• Must possess, or obtain within fifteen (15) days of hire, and maintain a current State of Illinois Class D driver’s license.
Preference will be given to:
1. Students currently enrolled in a civil engineering program or a related major and carrying at least twelve (12) credit hours in the next semester at an accredited college;
2. Students in their final semester or quarter who need less than full- time enrollment to graduate with a degree in civil engineering or a related field need only be enrolled part-time in courses required for degree completion.
For More Information or To Apply:
For more information or to apply, visit the City of Urbana’s Employment Opportunities page at:www.urbanaillinois.us/jobs and click on the “Job Opportunities” link. Applications must be submitted online no later than Friday, March 1, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
The City of Urbana Welcomes Diversity! We foster an environment that values and encourages mutual respect, inclusion of all people, and utilizing differences and similarities as an organizational asset. We welcome applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. EOE.